Cankar Battalion House in Dražgoše
The Cankar Battalion House houses the collections Dražgoše before World War II, Combatants of the Cankar Battalion and The Post-War Reconstruction of Dražgoše.
During the Second World War, one of the largest battles in Slovenia took place in Dražgoše (the Battle of Dražgoše). In the collection we present the combatants of Cankar battalion, who settled in the village at the end of 1941. Shortly afterwards, on 9 January 1942, the occupier attacked the partisans in the village and the fighting continued until January 11. Partisan soldiers retreated to Jelovica, and the Germans killed and deported many locals and burned the houses, outbuildings and the church of St. Lucy.